Grades 3-5 - Science & Health Resources
- Science Games- Interactive games for grades 4-6 to help students learn about different areas of science.
- Science Videos Search Engine - Science videos that have been screened by scientists to verify their accuracy and quality
- Science - A huge list of websites to use as part of your Science curriculum
- *NEW* Science Bob - This website is a great place to launch any science investigation. Not only does Bob link up to many great websites in his research section, he also offers videos and instructions for doing science experiments at home (or school). If you need ideas for science fair projects, this is the place to start.
- Windows to the Universe - a user-friendly site with a rich array of documents, images, movies, animations, and data sets, that explore the Earth and Space sciences and the historical and cultural ties between science, exploration, and the human experience. The site is written in three reading levels.
- The Great Plant Escape - The Great Plant Escape is an elemertary plant science program for 4th & 5th grade students. Students help Detective LePlant and his partners Bud and Sprout unlock the amazing mysteries of plant life.
- *NEW* Wildlife Film Maker - Students can make a custom nature film with animal clips, sounds, captions and more. The films can be saved on the website and viewed again via the access code. They can also be shared via email links.
- Shedd Aquarium - Multimedia interactives based on the Wild Reef exhibit at Shedd Aquarium
- *NEW* Virtual Owl Pellet Dissection - View and dissect a variety of owl pellets online. Additional information about dissecting real owl pellets and links to related information are also provided.
- Recycle City - On this interactive site, students can explore to see how Dumptown became Recycle City.
- Energy Hog - Learning about energy is fun when you include energy hogs! The Energy Hog Challenge is an online, interactive game as well as a set of classroom activities that guide children through lessons about different sources of energy, how we use energy at home, and how to bust energy hogs to save energy. Each student can become an Official Energy Hog Buster upon completion of the lessons.
- Climate Change - A place for students to learn about and explore the issues surrounding climate change.
- Quia - Water, Water Everywhere - A place to learn and practice facts about the water cycle.
- Water Goes Around - This site allows students to put the water cycle into the correct order by placing pictures with short descriptions on a diagram.
- The Watershed Game - Many things happen in a watershed that affect the quality of the water we rely upon. In this game the user explores what things affect water and makes decisions about how to proceed. They then get to see the impacts of their choices!
- Living Safely with Electricity - This site contains resources to raise awareness of electrical safety issues.
In this interactive game you will be making decisions about what to do to turn a barren plain into a thriving prairie. Good luck!
This web site lets you go on a virtual walk in the woods. You will be able to see many different types of plants and animals. When you have finished your walk, be sure to check out the Fun Place link at the top. In the Fun Place you can create a habitat, print a wood walker certificate and more.
- All Systems Go! - Interactive site to put together the four main organ systems of the human body. The body that is assembled belongs to "Arnold." There is a "Learn More" button that provides information about the systems.
- Coolfood Kidz- Healthy eating information is presented in a fun format.
- Food Pyramid Game - This game will test your knowledge of the 5 food groups and how much you need from each group.